While choosing to customize bracelets for your cause or event is an easy decision, figuring out what size to order can be a bit confusing—especially when ordering for a large event!
People come in different shapes and sizes, and so do their wrists.
Jump ahead to these sections:
- What size wristband should I get?
- How can I guess my wrist size?
- What size wristbands should I get for a group?
- How do you make a silicone bracelet fit?
- What size are rubber bracelets?
- Wristband Sizing Guide
What size wristband should I get?
Reminderbands® comes in three main sizes: small, medium, and large, making it easy to find the best fit for every wrist.
- The small bands are 6 6/8" (17.1 cm) in circumference and typically fit children 6-10 years old (small bands are available in select styles only).
- The medium bands are 7 3/8" (18.7 cm) in circumference and generally fit ages 11 and up, including most teenagers and average women.
- The large bands are 8 3/8" (21.3 cm) in circumference and will fit most adults and large-framed teenagers.
- In some styles, x-large bands are also available. The x-large bands are 9 1/2" (24.1 cm) in circumference.
If you don't have a measuring tape handy, try printing our easy-to-use size guide.
Simply cut out the strip of paper and measure your wrist to see what size will fit best (before printing, make sure the scale is set to 100 percent).
Keep in mind that silicone wristbands will stretch over the hand to get onto the wrist, but they maintain their shape & size while on the wrist.
How can I guess my wrist size?
While measuring the wrist is the best way to gauge how the wristband will fit, we have a few general recommendations to make it a bit easier.
- Children between 6-10 years old typically wear a size small band.
- Older kids, teenagers, and both men & women with small or average-sized wrists typically wear a medium.
- Large-framed teenagers and bigger adults usually prefer a large.
- Women generally have smaller wrists than men and prefer a medium wristband to a large one.
- Men with smaller wrists often prefer the closer fit of a medium band, but many men opt for a large wristband as the medium can feel too snug.
- Keep in mind that most adults can wear a size large, but it will fit looser or tighter depending on the size of their wrist.
While weight isn't a key indicator of wrist size, it is another factor to keep in mind when choosing what wristband sizes to order, particularly when ordering for a group.
- Petite adults with small wrists may prefer the fit of a small wristband to a medium one.
- Individuals above 180 lbs typically start to prefer the fit of a large band.
- Our large wristband will fit on most adults, but how loose or snug the fit is will vary from person to person.
We know ordering wristbands for a group can be confusing, so we've added a few more recommendations to help you order the right silicone bracelet sizes for your group.
What size wristbands should I get for a group?
Instead of ordering one size, we generally recommend getting a mix of sizes when ordering wristbands for a group. The size breakdown will vary depending on the group of people you're ordering for.
If you're customizing 100 wristbands for a group of adults, you might consider ordering 50 medium and 50 large, 60 medium and 40 large, or something similar depending on the individuals in your group.
If you're ordering wristbands for kids (elementary school age) you would likely want a mix of smalls and mediums with a few larges for bigger kids. Check out our favorite school wristband ideas to get started!
When designing your bracelets, make sure to use the "Add Colors & Sizes To Design" button on the third step of the customizer so you can add additional sizes and still receive the price break for higher quantities.
Please note, if you're ordering a product with a minimum order, you must hit the minimum for each size.
How do you make a silicone bracelet fit?
Unfortunately, we don't have a way to make a silicone bracelet fit if it's too big or too small. We don't guarantee fit and can't resize a bracelet if it's the wrong size for the person wearing it.
Lucky for you, this sizing guide and the other tips listed in this post should make it easy to order the correct fit the first time!
What size are rubber bracelets?
All of our wristbands are 2.4 mm thick, making them stronger than the industry standard of 2 mm. The extra thickness in Reminderband® wristbands makes for a durable band that won't snap or break.
We have three different bracelet widths, including our 1/4" thin bands, standard 1/2" classic bands, and 3/4" phat bands.
1/4" Thin Wristbands
The 1/4" thin band is ultra-slim for an extra comfortable fit. They're a more subtle and sleek take on the traditional 1/2" band, but they're still bold and eye-catching!
Thin wristbands are often used as medical ID bracelets (we also have a marquee wristband, which is a mix between the 1/4" thin and 1/2" classic band). Check out our medical alert bracelet ideas if you're looking to customize a medical ID wristband.
Custom thin bands are a great choice for any personalized bracelet!
1/2" Classic Wristbands
It's available in multiple colors & imprint styles, including engraved (both with and without colorfill), printed, and embossed.
No matter the occasion, you can't go wrong with the classic 1/2" silicone wristband!
3/4" Phat Wristbands
The 3/4" phat wristband is our widest wristband. It offers the largest debossing area to make your message really pop!
That phat band is most often used for sports wristbands, also known as baller bands, or other popular & trendy bracelet designs.
If you're looking for a silicone wristband that will really stand out from the crowd, look no further than the phat band!
Still not sure what sizes to order? Print out our sizing guide below to find the best fit for your wristbands.
If you would like recommendations on what sizes to order, please call our customer support team at (800) 922-5401.
Now that you know what size wristband to order, start designing your custom wristband!
Wristband Sizing Guide
Since 2004 we've created millions of custom wristbands and we continue to grow. Our team has helped thousands around the world design wristbands that have deep meaning to our customers. Because our wristbands often carry an important message, whether it's for a company brand or a powerful cause, we don't believe in skimping on quality. 100% silicone bracelets as seen on: CBS, Fox News, NBC, and USA Today.